The following core functions of the Authority are performed by our Border Control Division:
Import & Export Delivery
- Receive & scrutinize import & export manifest (Customs Regulation 22)
- Process ‘Pre- Release’ (PR 9)approvals
- Receive, Scrutinize, verify and approve applications for amendments to the manifest (Customs Regulation 36)
- Issue certificate of landing
- Receive, Scrutinize, verify and approve applications for Ships Stores – C 35 (Customs Regulation 89(a))
- Screen import manifest
- Compile manifest
- Compare manifest
- Verify and scrutinize under-bond goods transferred under HMC.
- Verify and scrutinize uncleared cargo list
- Submit list of goods due for auction(Customs Regulation 27)
- physically inspect goods against Customs entries and detect any fraudulent consignment and shipment.
- accounts for any discrepancies and appraisal of goods.
Air Freight Operations
- ensures that all goods imported/exported through airfreight are properly accounted for and is in compliance with Customs laws and regulations.
Parcel Post Operations
- vet and check all parcel post coming through the post office for compliance according to Customs Act and regulations.
- conducts clearance of international passengers, crew and crafts arriving in and departing from Fiji.
- profiling of potential risks and applying any alert instructions that might exist in respect of passengers and crew.
Customs Marine Unit
- strengthening Fiji ‘s border management and community protection through surveillance and patrolling our borders.
- intercepting and interrogating suspect ships.
- conduct rummages/searches on suspect ships.
- educating and creating awareness to stakeholders on border issues.
Boarding of Vessels
Fiji Customs Service is required by the Customs Act;Part 5 & 6 to board all overseas vessels arriving within Fiji.
A proper officer shall;
- Board all vessels
- Scrutinize all boarding papers
- Check ships stores
- Check non manifested cargo
- Record all in-bound and out-bound vessels
- Check passengers
- Place on board ships stores upon approval of C35
Task Force section is responsible for ensuring all imported cargoes are accounted for before allowing the same to be taken out of the Customs controlled Area.
- Make arrangement of ships search.
- Supervise offloading of imported fish
- Carry out surveillance within the Customs Area
- Process PR 9
- Control fish delivery
For further inquiries, contact us
Print This Page
Email This Page